Saturday, April 23, 2011

Litttle Bit of Easter

With all of the rain, and dreary-ness, and cold weather, it hasn't been very Spring like to me.


And, even though I knew which day Easter would fall on, a whole year in advance, (You know it's one of those holidays that changes dates every year), I still procrastinated decorating this year.


Two weeks ago, I found this idea


DSCN8513






 on the House of Hepworth's blog and loved the idea.


Then I saw this post at Decor Chick recently,




 that just happened to reference HoH's post.


I knew that I could find the cheese domes at Goodwill, and I already had the prefect candle stick holder...
so I took the plunge!




Here is the Before picture. (Both items were Goodwill treasures, total cost $5)


I spray painted them with VALSPAR paint, and used gorilla glue to attach the wood base to the candlestick.


I love the Aqua blue color right now, so I just knew it had to be the right choice!


Here is the final project, along with my Easter/Spring decor.











Not too bad for putting this together last night?!!





Greenhouse was purchased at Big Lots about 8 years ago for $5. The Glass jars inside are antiques. One is an old ink well for a student desk, one a blue vase,and one is from a pharmacy.


The bunny was a Gabriel Brothers find for $2.99 and the litte green bird was from Michaels for $1.99



E and I made the garland by simply putting plastic eggs on ribbon!

Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment