Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Little White Chair

We recently overhauled our Master bedroom.
 (Or should I say, "Started" to Overhaul our Master bedroom.)

I chose a completely "out of the norm" color for the walls called Teal Zeal (but I modified it by adding some additional white to lighten it up) And we hung crown molding, and added baseboard molding, gave our windows frames and sills, and installed Berber carpet over the cold hardwood floors.

The room is not complete, but don't worry I do plan to have a Reveal post when it is finished.

I was going for a fun beach spa like space. I chose a white quilt with bright flowers including teals, pinks, yellow, and reds. Oh my, I can't wait to finish the room and accessorize!!

I also decided to add a small writing desk in our room, and wanted a chair to go with it, you know to write cards, and letters, and my memoirs......Reality check time.... The chair is purely going to be for decoration, and hanging bras and my purse on!!

So anyway, I found this little lovely at a local yard sale. Perfect Size, Perfect Style, not perfect color, not perfect fabric...but are you ready for this...Perfect Price......TWO DOLLARS!!

BEFORE

 Nice fabric..ewww


We gave her a coat of fresh white Krylon Spray paint and Recovered the seat with a Pinkish/Salmonish/Reddish fabric.

And here she is!


Actually, it will probably look more like this...with my purse sitting on it!



Total cost? $10.29

Chair $2
Fabric 3/4 yard sale price $8.29
Spray Paint Free(Leftover from another project)


Linking to:








southern hospitality


Cherished Treasures”=
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. that is such a cute chair and now it feels so light and fresh! love that pretty detail on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the transformation! Thanks for linking up to Craft and Tell! Hope to see you back next week : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I’m in the middle of painting a chair white too! I hope it turns out as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete