Monday, May 9, 2011

Rite Aid 5/7


I ran out of the house at 8pm on Saturday night, 
(with a migraine) for a trip to RA.

I was going through my +Ups and realized that my $10 +Up from the Cleaning supplies expired on 5/7.

I was really stressing about this trip, because I expected all of the items that were on sale to be out of stock, and I expected the Mean Coupon Nazi to be working.
(I had a very bad customer service visit on my last trip to this RA, with a very rude cashier who did not like the fact that I was using coupons)

But, I put on my big girl panties, 
cause I wasn't about to give up $10 in Freebies!!

And let me just say, that I had a GREAT experience. 
The cashier was A-M-A-Z-i-N-G.
He was soooo nice, and he loved that I was getting 
such great deals!!
I have surveys to enter, 
and you better believe that he is going to get lots of praise!!

Here's my  bounty!

My actual out of pocket was $3.46, and I earned  $7 in +Ups, so I got paid $3.54, and all of these items, to shop at RA!!


The really good deals were on the 
Tylenol Precise and the Excedrin Migraine.
The Tylenol Precise was already signed for Sundays sale of $5, so they gave me the price, and I used a $5 off coupon, from the Tylenol Precise Website making it FREE.
The Excedrin was on sale for $1.99 each, and I had 2 $2/1 coupons that I got from my Doctors waiting room! 
So both bottles were FREE.

There were some benefits to 
shopping late on a Saturday night-

1) The store was a ghost town

2) The employees had the signs up for all of Sundays sales, so if I wanted to, I could have had a head start to Sunday's deals

3) All of the signs for the current weeks ad were down. So, I was smart and actually had the items that I was purchasing clipped from the sales paper with the coupons that I was using for each item. 

4) I did need help distinguishing which toothpaste was on sale, because it was certain flavors, at certain sizes. 
The clerk helped me by scanning the items, and he mentioned how nice it was that I was so organized!

5) I was in and out within 30 minutes!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow great deals!! I just got back from my Rite Aid trip and all the good stuff was out!! I will have to keep in mind the late Saturday shopping to score early bird specials! :)

    ReplyDelete