Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Did you say, "Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Brownies?"


Disclaimer: Let me start this post by saying that I am not a sweets junkie. I like something sweet every now and then, but my life does not require a daily dose of ice cream, cake or chocolate.

I do love peanut butter, and chocolate plus peanut butter is just pure awesomeness. So, when I saw the recipe for my favorite dessert, Brownies, plus peanut butter, I just had to try it, and let me just say, I Loooove this treat!  It's not super sweet, but hits the spot!


O-M- G!
That's short for Ohhhh Maaaaaaa Gawd! Yum-o (Thanks for that phrase along with EVOO Rachel Ray!)

I found this recipe on the Hannaford Foods Website.

If you like Peanut Butter and chocolate, and Brownies, start printing this recipe now!!


Ingredients:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chunky peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
1/2 cup peanut butter chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line an 8" square baking pan with foil so that the foil comes up the sides of the pan and overhangs the dish (see picture below)

In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. When it's melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the two sugars, then the peanut butter, until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Let stand to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.



In a large mixing bowl. whisk the eggs, then whisk in the vanilla. When the peanut butter mixture has cooled, stir it into the eggs until smooth and incorporated. Stir in the flour and salt next, mixing until incorporated. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips.


Spread the batter in the prepared aluminum foil lined pan, smoothing to the top.



Bake for 35 minutes

Place on a rack to cool.

When brownies are cool, (about 15 minutes after then come out of the oven), turn dish over onto cutting board, and brownies and foil will slide out of  pan.

Remove foil, and slice brownies into 16 squares (or more, depending on the size chunks that you want)


Enjoy!

This just begs you to have a nice tall glass of milk along side of it!! Yum!

********PERSONAL TIP*******

I want to offer a personal tip to make cooking, esp. baking easier. Since I am not a cook, and just really learning how to prepare meals, I have learned that the best thing that you can do before starting a recipe, is to not only have all of the ingredients out on the counter in front of you, but to have each item measured out in a separate container ready to be used! I measure all dry ingredients such as flour, sugars, liquid ingredients that are more then a spoon measurement (ie. 1/3 cup of milk, if applicable), and ingredients such as cheese, etc. I also place the measuring tool that will be required for each step out on the counter by the mixing bowls, or spice, or liquid.

This may sound a little OCD or a little overkill, esp when it comes to having to wash the dishes, but for me it works. I never find myself having to rummage through the utensil drawers, or trying to measure something that needs to be added to something simmering on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment