Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hamburger Sliders- I cooked again!

So, how many Pampered Chef parties have you been to? I've been to a lot. A couple of years ago, I swear I was going to at least one "home party" every two weeks. They were for jewelery, or cooking supplies, or food products, or purses, or cleaning supplies, or home decor, or Tupperware, the list goes on and on.

I have to admit, anything and everything that I've purchased from home parties, I have actually used, except, some of my Pampered Chef items are still in the original boxes. I only buy items that I think that I will actually use, but since I am not really the chef in our family, I guess I tend to buy based on that concept that I will actually cook a meal now and then.

So, it is my goal this year to not only cook more, but to declutter my house of things that I do not use or need. And, with he price of some of the Pampered Chef items, I have decided that I need to find a reason to keep the food prep items that I have purchased..

Today's meal, made by me, with an altered recipe given to me by the Pampered chef rep, was for Hamburger Sliders, French Fries, and my homemade deviled eggs.




Ingredients for sliders
1-1/2 # Lean (97%) ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup of fresh parsley (I had to use dried, I thought that I had fresh, but didn't)
garlic cloves
small onion finely chopped
3 slices of cheese
1 pack of potato rolls dinner rolls


Pampered Chef tools to use if you have them:
Large Stonewear Bar Pan (I used)
Food Chopper (I used my own- electric, not a Pamp Chef product)
Garlic Press (I used- I love this Pamp chef item, and use a lot!!)
Cutting Board (not Pamp chef)
Pizza Cutter (not Pamp Chef)

Preheat oven to 450.
Chop Onion and Parsley with food Chopper. Mix together in a bowl ground beef, parsley, salt, onion, and press a couple of cloves of garlic into the mixture.


I had a little helper press the garlic!

I mix this by hand, it seems like it all blends better then by using a spoon.

Then, place the mixture onto the bar pan.


Now, cover the pan with plastic wrap, and spread the beef mixture to cover the pan.


In the meantime, I put a tray of frozen french fries in the oven to start cooking, they usually take 20 minutes to cook.

Take the plastic wrap off of the meat mixture, and place pan into oven and cook for 12 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.

While the meat is cooking, slice your dinner rolls in half.(I always forget that the are not presliced, and rush at the last minute to do this)

During this time, I also cut my American Cheese slices into quarters, and cut hamburger pickle slices in half.

I also whipped up a batch of deviled eggs while the meat was cooking.

Everyone knows how to make deviled eggs, but mine are always a big hit. I have a few basic ingredients, and one "Secret" ingredient. Wanna see??


Mayo
Yellow Mustard
Dill Pickle juice
Pepper
and
OLD BAY!! (It's a Maryland thing!)

Mix all of the above ingredients with the yolks to taste.

I sprinkle OLD BAY on the top for garnish too!


So, after 10-12 minutes, remove your beef from the oven. Be careful, there will be a lot of juice on the tray, and the beef will have shrunk away from the edges.



Drain the liquid off of the pan, and cut the huge burger patty into 12 squares with a pizza cutter.
I trim off the edges to make perfect squares, and save the scraps for my dogs!

Next, place the bottom of the hamburger rolls directly on the bar pan,  top with cheese quarter,place mini burger on next, top with a pickle slice and bun top.


Now, cover tray with aluminum foil, and place back into oven for 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese.

Serve with condiments, and Enjoy!!



Review:

Me- I think that these are really good. I ate 2 sliders, a deviled egg, and some fries and was full!!
Scott-  Ate 3, 4 deviled eggs, and french fries.He thought that these were Great, but could use more onion.(I limit the onion because I don't like it)
E- "These don't taste like McDonalds" He barely ate 1 uggh!!

Tips-

Use the fresh garlic and fresh parsley. If you use dried parsley, use less salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment